Friday, January 16, 2009

Funny Friday

Alright I have to start by saying I said I would "try" to do this everyday. As you can tell, that does not work so well for me at all. Maybe I should try once a week.

Ok today was SUPER funny!!!! At least I thought it was SUPER funny. Let me give some background for those that may know what I do and those that don't know what I do. I work for a manufacturing company and we build wooden lockers. One of the project we are currently working on is the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium. As one of the people who get to purchase the material, I was asked to be added to the list of people on the jobsite. Which is really cool. So this is where the fun starts. You have to take an OSHA class for safety and also take a drug test. But the part that everyone is waiting for is the outfit that I had to wear. Hard hat, goggles and a safety vest (like a crossing guard at school) By popular demand a photo is attached so that you can see how crazy I look.


Thursday was the OSHA class. Nothing really fun about that but I could not keep my eyes open so I dozed off a few times. People around me were laughing but oh well no drool so I'm good.


Now for today! First the drug test was only given from 6:30-7:30am. No big deal. I'm good with getting up but I didn't know how long it would take from my house to my moms and then to the jobsite. So I left really early to make sure I had enough time. Well I didn't plan very well I was there 30 min before hand. Lucky for me Laura was up on her way to work so I talked on the phone with her and drove around Arlington till 6:30am. WHAT A LOSER!


So finally I'm at the jobsite now pulling up to the construction trailer. You can't get out of your car without all your gear on so I'm working hard to put all this on in my "Little White Bullet" (AKA White Sentra) Don't want to get out. It's cold and I don't really care to have a lot of people looking at me funny b/c I'm the only girl on the jobsite, really. But a girl has to do what a girl has to do. So I meet up with the rest of the team from work. We walk into the SMALL jobsite trailer. AGAIN IT WAS SMALL. So as we are walking in we are finding out that not only it is drug testing day but it is also the day that they are giving the Spanish class of OSHA training. Let me tell you, it was FULL!. So here we are waiting in a really FULL, SMALL trailer for them to call our name out. Finally I hear Sandra Mallette. I stand up and I can't move because there are so many people in that place. I am trying to be nice and at the same time I know what they are thinking. What is this girl doing.


Finally I get back to the area were they take the photo, etc. The lady tells me to stand back by the wall. So I know what is coming the photo. Just being normal Sandra I just stand and smile. The lady looks up and sees me smiling and says "Oh most people don't smile in these photos. It's just a badge photo." So I say "Oh sorry about that I didn't know". Then I'm thinking in my head what should I do and then when I'm thinking about this I kind of start to laugh but I don't want to get started b/c once I start I can't stop. SNAP photo was taken just like that. Tried to do the same face in the photo but it's not really the same. So I look over at the computer and first thing out of my mouth was "Wow that was bad can I take another one" That lady just looked and me and said "Do you see the line we don't have time for that and this is a jobsite not a photo shoot." Then me just trying to be funny said "Oh I was just joking I love that photo." The second part is of course, you had to pee in a cup. Which mind you the bathroom was out in that room and you had a little ways to walk. So I'm pushing my way through this line to get into the bathroom. Finally get in and I'm thinking this is a joke right. I have seen truck stop bathrooms better then this one. Then to top it off it had a window with nothing on it. So I'm all scared that people are watching me from outside b/c I can see them so they have to see me. Then I'm really worried about that but at the same time I can't sit on the pot b/c I'm scared I may get some crazy germ and on top of that I have this big coat on with the safety vest trying to move it out of the way so I can get my pee in the cup and on top of that I'm thinking oh no how long have I been in here they are going to think I'm going #2 or something. However I'm still thinking someone is watching and I'm going to be the next YOUTUBE video that people pass around on work e-mails. After all that I'm done finally however they said to just fill it up to this black line well I guess after a glass of water and a cup of coffee I really had to go. I went way over the line so I decided I need to pour some out. I didn't want to walk past all these people with a full cup of pee. So I did that closed the lid and went to wash my hands and they didn't have any soap no towels, etc. Needless to say it made me sick. So I open up the door of course on someone on my way out. Push through all the people again with my cup of pee in my hand. I felt like everyone was watching me and then I'm thinking how long was that, that was too long. So I was finally done and I'm about to walk out the trailer. I open the door and this guy is coming up the steps and he looks up and I guess I look super crazy or he was shocked to see a girl on the jobsite or he didn't tie his shoes but he tripped over his feetand fell flat on his face. I said "Oh are you ok" and he said he was fine and walked away the other direction. I can't help myself but when I trip or other people do it I think it's so funny and I can't help but start to laugh. So I'm trying to hold it in but I start laughing trying to stop but I can't. I felt really bad for that guy.


So that was the funny story it was long I know and if you got through this you're a trooper. But needless to say I'm still laughing about the whole thing.


Peace Out

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious...and I love your hot outfit! I'm glad you're blogging. You are super funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously think I am going to wet my pants laughing so hard~ You are just too funny! I really do love your work photo! It's cute!

    ReplyDelete